A few weeks back, I was able to participate in a fun event at Macy’s for Clinique called “Meet the Experts.” Meet the Experts was an exclusive beauty event that offered women an opportunity to learn directly from the top experts at Clinique. I was thrilled to participate and learn about skin care and the newest trends in make-up application.
Another perk was a great Clinique bonus I was able to get after the event if I purchased any items:
The bonus included:
- A fun summer cosmetic bag
- Flip-flop keychain
- Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion
- Different Lipstick in Shy
- 7 Day Scrub Cream
- High Impact Mascara
- True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer
- Colour Surge Eye Shadow Duo in Twilight Mauve/Brandied Plum Duo
- Soft-Pressed Powder Blusher in Pink Blush
- Brush Set
I thought this sounded like a pretty great deal so I decided to sign up for an appointment. I usually take advantage of the bonuses, so the opportunity to get a free tutorial in the process sounded fun.
When I arrived at my appointment I was treated to a free treat just for participating, a special compact and a sample of the 7 Day Scrub Cream:
I started the appointment by answering some questions about my skin at one of Clinique’s new Skin Care Consultation kiosks:
At the end, I received a nifty little print out that gave me a shopping list of what to get for my specific skin type (Skin Type 3/Combination Oily). Here were their recommendations for me:
- Liquid Facial Soap ($16.50)
- Clarifying Lotion 3 ($22.50)
- Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel ($25)
- City Block Sheer Oil-Free Daily Face Protector SPF 25 ($21)
After our consultation, I got to try some of these skin care products and then we got to work on the makeup tutorial. The consultants were great and I got to try a ton of new products. Here are my after pictures:
My consultant used the following products on me:
- Moisture Surge CC Cream Hydrating Colour Corrector Broad Spectrum SPF 30 in Light Medium ($35)
- Line Smoothing Concealer in Moderately Fair ($16.50)
- Blended Face Powder in Transparency 3 ($22)
- Superbalanced Powder Bronzer in Bronzed 1 ($34.50)
- Touch Base for Eyes in Canvas ($15)
- Chubby Stick Shadow Tint for Eyes in Bountiful Beige, Lavish Lilac and Portly Plum ($16)
- Quickliner for Eyes in Intense Ebony ($15)
- Lash Building Primer ($15)
- High Impact Mascara in Black ($16)
- Superfine Liner for Brows in Soft Brown ($15)
- Fresh Bloom Allover Colour in Plum Poppy Blend ($29.50)
- Quickliner for Lips in Plummy ($15)
- Long Last Lipstick in Twilight Nude ($15)
- Long Last Glosswear in Clearly Pink ($15)
I ended up getting the Turnaround Concentrate, the Lash Building Primer and the Long Last Glosswear in Clearly Pink. After a few weeks of using the Turnaround Concentrate my skin has really balanced out, which is what I was hoping for.
I wanted to try the Lash Building Primer for a long time; it is really easy to use and I think it makes a huge difference in my regular mascara application. It makes your normal lashes fuller and more defined.
During my checkout they also threw in this adorable beach bag!
I had a great afternoon and think I made out like a bandit. Did anyone else go to the Meet the Experts event at Clinique? Have you had success with any of these products?
I hope the next bonus comes soon, because I have a great list of items to try out!
Click here to read about more of my Clinique favorites.