John and I are approaching a milestone anniversary this year! Five years as husband and wife! This fall will also mark 16 years since we first met. What an adventure we have been on these past few years! I can’t wait to see what the future holds for us.
Every year of our marriage, I’ve always given John a traditional gift:
- Year one was the paper anniversary and I made a date book with a pre-planned date for each month of that year.
- The second year was the cotton anniversary and I got John a really cool Michigan recliner. Unfortunately, that got trashed in our sewage flood.
- For year three, the leather anniversary, I got John a pair of Johnston & Murphy leather topsiders that he had been eyeing.
- For year four, the fruits and flowers anniversary, I got us a lemon tree. The tree is still alive and actually has a lemon growing on it now!
The fifth anniversary is the wood anniversary and I came up with some fun gift ideas to commemorate the occasion:
1. Jord Wood Watches ($275)
What better way to commemorate our five year anniversary than with this beautiful wood time piece? This one in particular caught my eye, it is stunning!
2. Nambe Butterfly Salad Bowl with Servers ($199.99)
I originally had a wood salad bowl on our registry, but we didn’t end up getting this. Five years later I think this would be a beautiful addition to our table.
3. Personalized Wood Postcard ($18.95)
This would be so fun to send to your beloved as an anniversary surprise!
4. You Make Me Happy Wood Wall Plaque ($48)
I really love this and it definitely speaks to our relationship. I love that it is something we can get for the house.
5. Piccadilly Wicker Picnic Basket ($85)
I love the idea of a romantic picnic at the park or by the water somewhere. We don’t have a picnic set and this would be perfect!
Let me know if you have any other fun wood gift ideas.
For more Five on Friday/Friday Favorites posts, click here.
I am also participating in the Friday Favorites Linkup with A Little Bit of Everything Blog, Grace and Love Blog and Momfessionals. You can click the button below for more information and to join the linkup.