Hi! I’m Elizabeth a.k.a. the Duchess of Detroit. I toyed with the idea of starting a blog for about four years before I finally decided to stop procrastinating and just do it! I created this partly as a lifestyle blog and a virtual scrapbook of my adventures.
I have worked in public relations in Detroit for the past twelve years and have been fortunate enough to work with some amazing brands and organizations. I love becoming an expert in many different industries. I also moonlight as an adjunct professor teaching public relations, event planning and business writing to fashion students for the past five years. I think I’ve learned more from my students than they have from me. This is my passion project and I blog the night away researching looks for less and beauty products.
I married my college sweetheart, John, on May 7, 2011 one of the best days of my life. We knew each other for a LONG time before we got married. I’m sure I will post our story at some point, but I knew from the moment I saw him from across the room that he was something special. He is my prince charming and my best friend. I am very lucky to have him in my life.
I’ve been working on some throwback posts to share a little more of our story:
Here are some of the things that I love and you will probably see more of in my blog:
- I’m a romantic who loves Celine Dion
- I love a project and am usually starting new ones all the time
- I adore traveling and exploring my city
- I like high heels, makeup and all things girly
- I may have a TV problem – I have a lot of shows programmed in my DVR and try to keep up on all of them
- I’m into sports – mostly Michigan football and the New York Yankees (I know I’m from Detroit, but there is a story behind this which I will share)
- I’m obsessed with blackjack – I love the movie 21 and watch it before every Vegas trip
- I love wine (we visited Napa a few years back and I am hooked) and anything to do with Italy which we visited on our honeymoon
This is my journey…